With only three ingredients (yes, I said only three!), this recipe is fun, kid-friendly and easy to make! Your kids will enjoy helping you roll the crushed Oreo’s into balls.
These Oreo Truffles will please any crowd, even non Oreo cookie lovers will be coming back for more! I make these scrumptious desserts all the time. Not only because they are easy to make, friends and family are always requesting me to make them for parties etc..
- 1 (16 oz) package Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 oz) philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 oz) pkg baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate or 6 squares chocolate almond bark
1. crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)
2. crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl. Add cream cheese
3. mix until well blended. roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
4. after rolled place in freezer for about 15-20 min
5. dip balls in melted chocolate, place on wax paper-covered baking sheet.
6. sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs
7. refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Source: former co-worker